Health and Wellbeing Clinics
The National Cancer Survivorship Initiative is piloting the introduction of 14 Health and Wellbeing clinics for cancer survivors from April 2010 to March 2011.
The vision for the clinic is that everyone who has had a cancer diagnosis and is living with cancer will have access to an innovative Health and Wellbeing clinic, providing comprehensive and holistic support to enable them to lead as normal a life as possible.
The clinic will be a one off event/initiative and will act as a stepping off point for other forms of after care. It will enable the patient and their carers to manage the transition between the treatment phase of their care and survivorship.
Key to the success of these health and wellbeing clinics will be the involvement of a cohort of regular and senior volunteers, providing a holistic range of services such as coordination of the clinic, buddying, information and support, financial advice.
A Health and Wellbeing clinic would provide the opportunity to inform and educate patients about the clinical and holistic aspects and the ongoing management of their disease. It would also aim to make them aware of the local facilities, supportive care and opportunities that are available to them and their families. In effect the Health and Wellbeing clinic is a multidisciplinary meeting for patients and the chance to interact with other patients and carers, clinicians, clinical nurse specialists, allied health professionals, complementary therapists and the voluntary sector.
Last updated on October 20, 2011
- HWC Economic case studies [PDF 653 KB]
- HWBC Final report [PDF 1.26MB]
- Health and Wellbeing Clinic Summary [PDF 334KB]
- Health and Wellbeing Clinics Project Initiation [PDF, 91KB]
- Health and Wellbeing Clinics Information [PDF, 28KB]
- Handbook for Health and Wellbeing Clinic Pilot Sites [PDF, 524KB]
- Health and Wellbeing Clinic Test Communities [PDF, 74KB]
- HWC Executive summary [PDF 337 KB]
- Health and Wellbeing Clinics - Supporting Evidence [PDF, 140KB]
- Health and Wellbeing Clinics Newsletter Autumn 2010 [PDF, 75KB]